Updated 17th March 2020
As you are all well aware, many races have been cancelled, postponed, or are still to be decided this spring. The exec and coaches are coming up with some creative ideas using Strava to set up distances such as 5 and 10k loops; Harriers can use these as time trials, or to use some of that race-ready energy! Being that it is on Strava, you can run these routes any day, any time and in small groups (maintaining social distancing) or solo to negate any risk of spreading the virus. For those of you not on Strava, we will share maps of the routes.
Following the currently announced State of Emergency in Ontario the executive has made the tough decision to cancel all workouts until further notice.
Those of you who have paid for coaching will be sent the workouts ahead of time. Your coaches will be watching your progress on Strava and are likely to have some time on their hands to answer the occasional question.
We will be re-assessing the situation regularly and will reinstate workouts as soon as possible.
The current guidelines by Toronto Public Health are these:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces